Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vancouver - Home of the 2010 Olympic Games





I was in Vancouver for 2 weeks, beginning of July. The plan was to visit and tour the city as if I never lived there before. It didn't exactly happened that way. I was swamped with work during the day and had very little time to meet up with old friends at night. My lovely host, Huong, made me felt so welcome at her house, I felt I was living at home still. I couldn't have ask for anything more. I had such a wonderful time that I wanted to extend my trip longer.

I am glad I made time for a quick visit to Whistler during this trip. Though I lived in Vancouver for 2.5 years, I have not been to Whistler, even during the Winter Olympic games. Whistler during the summer is beautiful. I felt relaxed and calm as soon as I stepped out of the car. The clean air is truly refreshing. Peter and I took the lift up Whistler and across to Blackcomb. It was an amazing experience, being up on top of the mountains.





I got the chance to take half a day off work on a Sunny Friday afternoon and decided to explore downtown Vancouver. The Olympic Cauldron is located 4 small blocks from where I work, and never did I visited the place until now. It's quite lovely. Too bad the Cauldron was not lit.



My trip to Vancouver wouldn't be completely finished if I didn't bike Stanley Park. Here are some scenery  that you'll passed through if you biked the seawall around downtown and Stanley Park.





Here's the full album. Please enjoy.





~ 1 comments: ~

dburlison says:
at: August 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM said...

Whistler is actually nice summer trip..Well done travel site-very interesting/informative..nice photos.

Travel Safe- WORLD TRAVEL UPDATES-FOREIGN TRAVEL GUIDE:

http://www.travelaskthelocals.yolasite.com

(Feel free to post on our forum)

+

Recent Tweets

  • Twitter feed loading
Follow me on Twitter
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis